Sunday, August 29, 2010

Surprise


Friday Morning Jake went off to work like normal.  About 30 minutes later he came hollering into the house and my first reaction was noooooo the car broke down.  However, when I saw him he was wearing swim trunks, a wife beater, and sunglasses.  "We are going to tube the Salt River," he said!  For months now I have said how much I want to go down the Salt River.  Jake managed to use a vacation day, get a sitter, and pack us a cooler full of Fresca and Pringles. 

There was hardly anyone there except a British couple who asked if there were snakes in the river.  My reply was, "probably".  :)  It was a beautiful morning and amazing to spend a few hours with Jake.  I can't believe that he was able to keep it a surprise as in my family we are notorious for ruining surprises.  So thank you Q, Lara, and Jake...Memory I will have forever!

9 comments:

Jann said...

That is so fun. What a good hubby to arrange all this for you. Yes, it is remarkable that he kept it a secret. I am so glad you got to do this.

The Chambers said...

That sounds like such a blast!! Jake is a good hubby. I want to see some pictures though.

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

I don't spoil surprises... that is Kirsten :)

Christine said...

Jake is the best! I'm so glad you had a great time.

Lyndsay Winters said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got to go and the fact that it was a surprise makes it that much more awesome.

Chelsea and Glen said...

I'm so jealous! Glen doesn't swim and he can't really take a vacation day during the first few weeks at his job. And my babysitters would all want to go with me, so I won't be going this year. Way to go Jake!

The Varo's said...

that sounds like so much fun! what a great surprise!

Jessica Bright said...

Awesome!!! I haven't been down the Salt River in...forever!! Glad you had a great time.

Are you still living in Queen Creek? If so, we seriously need to get together.

~Momstar said...

That is awesome. Too cool, too...I knew Q was going to babysit, didn't know why. I'm soooo glad I didn't ask about it or anything! :)