Friday, May 27, 2011

Good times in good 'ole St. Johns

Maria's little brother is graduating high school tonight so Maria and I came up from the valley. We got in yesterday and almost immediately the fun began. Maria's dad was working on planting some tomato plants while Daphne had fun helping him. 




This morning the kids woke up about five, and I got out of bed to take them downstairs to Maria who had slept on the couch. When I got up I noticed out the window that the sun was just starting to show its face from behind the trailer park in front of our parents' houses. The sun shines on all kinds.


Just before lunch, while many were still at the honors and recognition ceremony at the high school we decided to let the kids play in the water. TJei and Mia came over and joined in the fun but it was Davis who got the last laugh. He kept filling his bucket with water and then would chase down everyone and anyone in an attempt to splash them. Most the time it ended in him spilling most if not all of the water on himself and he would return for another go around. Most everyone else by this time was cold and had had enough.



I am now here updating the blog as everyone else is enjoying lunch at El Caminos. I am trying my best to stay true to my diet and decided to pass - I am not sure I would have had the strength to pass on my 'usual' - chicken chimi, green, enchilada style topped with guacamole and sour cream and a side of beans with a sopapilla chased by a frosty mug of root beer. MMMmmmmM!

No comments: